Yes, I AM working on a new album.
People have been asking me if I’m working on a new album or not. I don’t think the Earth rotates without me trying to come up with another musical project. Pretty sure if I wasn’t working on another album, you’d have heard about my untimely death by now. I’m not one of those songwriters you can bump into and watch seven songs fall out of me, but I have been writing and releasing at least one new song every month for the last nine months.
Most of them have only been released to my Officer’s Club so far. Some of them I’ve actually posted on my website and SoundCloud. Not all of them are destined for the new album; I am NOT putting a Pokémon Go song or something named Songy McSongface on vinyl. But believe me, I am working on a new album. It’s been a different approach, too. I’ve got a rough idea of the overall mood/vibe of the album and I’m releasing parts of it in no particular order. The Officer’s Club helps me figure out which songs are as good as I thought they might be… and which ones should probably just end up on the next Vault album.
I can tell you a few things, though:
- If you want early releases of every single song I make, you’ll need to be part of The Officer’s Club.
- The next album will not be another High Orbit adventure, it’s just going to be piano rock.
- The versions I’m releasing to The Officer’s Club aren’t necessarily the final versions, but they’re all professionally mixed. I’ll probably make some tweaks when it comes time to create the album package.
- Even with The Officer’s Club, I’ll still need to raise funds for proper mastering, promotion, maybe even a tour stop or ten if things go well.
- I don’t know when the album will be ready to release or what it’ll be called. I’m letting the music drive the schedule, not the other way around.
If you’re not part of The Officer’s Club, you’ll still get the occasional free song from me. Also, there’ll be plenty of previews and behind-the-scenes peeks. Like this one: