The Lives of Dexter Peterson
Boy meets girl, boy meets girl again as someone else, boy keeps meeting girl and can't seem to stop.
|CD Format:||Industry CD|
|Digital Formats:||128k MP3, Apple Lossless|
|Artwork:||Brad Bonn, Jess Bonn|
$9.99 — $14.95
The Lives of Dexter Peterson is a two-part project from Matthew Ebel. Based on a novella written by Ebel, the album and story are about a boy from New York City who finds himself inexplicably jumping from one life to the next, as though someone were changing the channels of his life and he’s the star of every single show. He can’t explain why nor can he see a pattern, all he knows is that a girl named Alexandria seems to follow him from one life to the next.
My name is Dexter Jared Peterson. I am 26 years old and I live in New York City. In the last seven years I have lived as 11,577 different people.
This is how Dexter begins every entry he writes in his journal. Whether he wakes up as a World War II soldier in the French countryside or a dolphin off the Hawaiian coast or a cinema-worshiping priest of a post-apocalyptic religious order, all Dexter can do is try to stay alive as his environment changes. Throughout it all he keeps track of his lives in a journal that, somehow, travels with him.
- Good Morning, New York ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- The Last Pirate ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- These Wars We Fight ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- Frozen Oasis ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- A Question of Sanity ♫ PLAY - BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- I Met A Girl ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- I Wish I Were ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- Wait Here ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- Normal Is Not For Me ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- A Million Miles Away ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- All Over Again ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
- Who I Am ♫ PLAY - LYRICS / BUY THIS TRACK ☛
About The Book
The Lives of Dexter Peterson was based on a NaNoWriMo project written by Matthew seven years before the album’s release. It’s his first published work and is currently available exclusively through Rabbit Valley Comics
Imagine if any given moment in your life could be the gateway to a parallel world where you are someone else. Your face, your age, even your species could change, but your name remains the same. Maybe you’re still you, or maybe you’re possessing other beings… after all, you begin to recall their memories as soon as you land somewhere new. You have no control over when these shifts happen, nor do you know where or when you’ll end up next. Would you think you’d gone mad?
What if, after years of living as other people, you noticed that a girl- the same girl -was traveling along with you?