I’ve been a secret-agent space werewolf, military leaders, sinister aliens, and young warriors in Richard L. Sanders’ “Phoenix Conspiracy” Audiobooks. I’ve been a disgruntled cop battling the zombie hordes in the hit game Contagion. I’ve also breathed life into countless mind-numbing medical and technical training videos.
I’ve played at the Grand Ole Opry, been quoted in Rolling Stone, and made a name for myself in new media circles as a musician, podcaster, and freelance producer. I own my own studio and have been producing my own material for over seven years now.
I tend to experiment with my sound a lot, but unless I’m screaming or snoring people tell me they love my voice. I’ll take their word for it, but you can find out for yourself by listening to the samples or contacting me. All I know is that I have a voice that can do many things, most of which involves talking.
My specialties are:
- Intense promo reads (movie trailer, sports commercial, etc.)
- Audiobook narration (with or without character voices)
- Highly technical reads (I can manage convoluted polysyllables from medical or technological training copy)
- Sarcastic, Denis Leary-esque reads
Contact me directly at 503-40-MUSIC, by email, or connect via my .
About The Voice
- Sounds 20’s-30’s
- Ranges from baritone (deep, Mike Rowe) to tenor (high, Geddy Lee)
- Smooth sound, little or no “gravel”
- Announcer (Radio, DJ, Game Show, Cheesy Smarm Deluxe)
- Aggressive, Energized
- Attitude, Arrogant, Sarcastic
- Flat Narration (Audiobook, Disclaimer)
- Dramatic, Suspenseful
- Comedic, Character
- Promotional, Professional (Commercial, Video Narration)
- Singing (as if that wasn’t obvious)
- Can record audio in home studio or in the Boston area.
- Willing to travel if expenses are covered.
- Microphones: Røde NT-2A, AKG C214 (Large Diaphragm Condensers)
- DAW: Apple Logic Pro 9
- Deliverable Audio Formats: 16- or 24-bit, 44.1-96kHz AIFF, WAV, MP3, AAC, or Apple Lossless (stereo or mono)
- Delivery Methods: FTP access via matthewebel.com or your server, DropBox, Google Drive, overnight CD/DVD