They say that new musicians have about 30 seconds to make an impression on a potential fan, so here’s The Lives of Dexter Peterson- the entire album in 30-seconds (you may need to speed your ears up, however, or as GladOS says “just remember it at a slower speed”):
So now that we’ve gotten off to a good start, why not learn a few more details about who I am and what I do? I’ll give you the highlight reel so you can get back to all the important stuff you were doing before you found me, but while you’re reading you should have a soundtrack. I’ll let you pick your own, in fact:
What I Do
I call myself a piano rocker, but I’m really just kind of a goofball. I’ve been playing the piano since age 5, discovered electronic music at 12, and made this stuff my career in 1999. Since then I’ve played at the Grand Ole Opry, been quoted in Rolling Stone, and made a name for myself in new media circles. I’ve been able to play piano rock full-time since 2007 and since then I’ve never looked back.
People tell me that they’re fans because I write some funny stuff, some emotionally charged stuff, and I tend to experiment with my sound a lot. I’ll take their word for it, but you can find out for yourself by listening to the samples above or buying an album. All I know is that I like to get on stage and have a good time, usually getting the crowd involved whenever possible.
What You Can Do
- Get a FREE ALBUM by joining my mailing list. No DRM, no advertisements, just free music.
- Read my Manifesto and discover the philosophy that guides me and my minions.
- Subscribe via RSS to get all my blog updates as they’re published.
- Of course, buy an album or two if you like what you hear.
Where You Can Follow Me
- Add me to your Circles on Google+
- @matthewebel on Twitter
- Like Me On Facebook
- Read This Blog via RSS Feed
- Watch my YouTube Channel
- On LinkedIn if you’re the professional type.
Thanks for dropping by, I hope you’ll stick around for more!